Fix Nathan

Friday, October 20, 2006

Good Day!

Well, I spent the afternoon with Nathan. They'd gotten him back to bed by the time I returned. He doesn't seem to be anymore comfortable in one place or the other. Today we talked about the blog and he read through it all and read all the wonderful comments. He was able to get into his email and his myspace accounts and read the wonderful messages there too! He even posted a short bulletin to his friends. He will post his own blog soon. He said that he was pretty sure that 18 days away from a computer was a record for him. I was thrilled to see him back on the computer and his phone. Can you believe I said that?? I can! Yeah!

It was so odd but about 6:30 tonight I realized they never brought him any dinner. I asked about it and they were going to check into it. Well, needless to say, they never did bring him anything to eat. Which was just as well. I walked over to Burger King and got us a burger and he actually ate the whole thing! YIPPIE! About the most I've seen him eat in I don't know how long.

They left the recliner in his room so I have a much more comfortable chair to sit in when he isn't. It's nice to sit in and watch tv with him. Almost (not really) like being at home.

Hope everyone had a good night. Thanks again for all your support and love. We love you all.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Bev,

    Can you confirm if you have received Cards from Renee and myself. We sent them 2 weeks ago. I hope they arrived with the room changes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

  • Carlo & Renee,

    Yes, he received a big pile of mail just the other day. The cards were great. We've got them taped up where he can see them. Appreciate all love and support. Bev
    P.S. He's back using his cell phone and was on the internet for the first time yesterday.

    By Blogger Nathan's Mom, at 10:41 AM  

  • Nathan - I am so happy to hear that things are going so well! We've been reading everyday about your progress (thank you Bev!!!) and we are thinking about you often. We know the road ahead is a rough one but it's obvious that the hardest part is behind you. Your strength is inspirational. Keep it up - you will be home before you know it! Love, Shannon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home