Fix Nathan

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Almost 160 feet!

Today he walked with a walker from the gym to the reception area and then part way back. It was about 160'. With little to no assistance. All this while fully garbed in gown, gloves and mask which make it really hot. It was really cute, Sherry the therapist he was working with today, is so short that when she holds on to the gait belt (which is just a way for her to have a handle on him) it is so high that she said her arm was going to sleep. It was because she wasn't used to having her arm held out at shoulder height for so long. He's so tall and she's so short. They are all used to working with little old people that its something new and different to work with someone so young and so tall....

We made our airline reservations for Saturday December 16. We arrive in Seattle at 5:57. Yippie! Will be so nice to be home. I miss my husband, my family and my dogs. They've probably forgotten who I am....

However, I must say again that it has been a true blessing to be able to stay with Tara and Kyle. What terrific hosts. I couldn't have been taken care of better that is for sure! I'm really going to miss them when it's time to head home. I hope they'll come see us sometime soon.

Well, today was another great day! Thanks to all for all your love and support! We're getting closer to making it home. We'll be there in 9 days!

Love to all, The Mellon's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home