Fix Nathan

Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey Day and the day after

Happy Turkey Day!

Sorry this is late but I was hoping that everyone was out enjoying their Turkey Day rather than messing with their computers.

I'm happy to say that we had a really good day yesterday. I spent the day with Nathan and my sister Carla, niece Tara and nephew Kyle were home slaving away making a yummy dinner. It was all spectacular! Kyle made the turkey and he did something I've never heard of before. He punched a hole in a can of Code Red Mountain Dew (can use Dr. Pepper too) and placed it in the cavity of the turkey (not stuffed) and it steamed inside the turkey while it was cooking. It didn't taste like cherry for which I was glad but it was so incredibly moist. I didn't tell Carla it was a cherry soda as I was afraid I'd wreck it for her (she doesn't like cherry). I'm looking forward to trying that some time soon. Tara made this delicious Cranberry Casserole. Who needs dessert after that! I definitely need that recipe.

Carla and Tara brought us dinner. It was really great. Thanks so much!

Nathan got himself in and out of bed. He's doing really well with that. We are still waiting to hear from the Ortho Drs. about how much he can or cannot use his arm. He's doing really well with it so I imagine they'll probably say to use it without pain.

We watched Click yesterday. That was a really cute but kind of sad movie with Adam Sandler.

This morning I took Carla to the airport. We had to get up at 3:45 am. Ouch! It wasn't so bad once I was up. It's almost 45 minutes to the airport from Tara's but at that time of the morning there wasn't much traffic. I dropped her off and rushed back to Tara's and threw myself back in bed for a few more hours.

When I got here today, Nathan was up and roaming the halls. It is so good to see him up and out and about. They removed the wrap from his arm and he will have another shower today as well as PT.

He is working hard to get home soon.

Thanks to everyone for being such a special part of our lives.

Thanks for being part of what we have so much to be thankful for. We love you all.
The Mellon's

3 Comments:

  • Hi, Nathan and Bev: Carla got here this morning and Chris had stop by form shopping and we all went out to breakfast. Went to Sharies and then came home Carla just left at about 12:15. We had a great time. Keep up the good work Nathan and you will be home soon. by for now Grandpa and Henrie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 PM  

  • Nathan, Bev & friends: I check in every day and appreciate mom's daily report on how Nathan is doing. When I see Grandpa's neighbor, Reinard, we usually compare notes on how the recovery is going. Keep up the great attitude Nathan. look forward to seeing you come west soon. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Bill & Peggy Guise

    By Blogger Bill Guise, at 7:51 PM  

  • Happy (belated) Thanksgiving Bev & Nathan; sounds like you had a nice day with family, as did we. Keep on with the PT and working hard and I know you'll get home soon Nathan. We love and miss you both. Love, Deb & family

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home