Fix Nathan

Monday, November 20, 2006

Elbow Surgery Successful

Just talked to the Doc and the surgery to remove the pins went well. He also manipulated his arm and extended it and bend it quite a ways. He said that he may not be able to do that when he is away as it may be painful but he was encouraged with the range of motion. They did say that he will need to have the hardware in the elbow removed in about 3 months or so once the bone has stabilized.

He also mentioned that they are going to have the therapist kick up the therapy on the elbow. Sounds like Nathan will be getting very busy.

We will come back next week for a follow up on the pelvis and most likely the arm.

He is currently in recovery. Don't know much more than that at this time. I'll let you know as I learn more.

Love & hugs to all, Bev

2 Comments:

  • Hi Bud, So glad to hear that you are doing great, that way you will be home before you know it. Take care and keep up the good reports. Not much going on here, I drank my drink and got my blood drawn today and he will get the colon done at 1230 on Tues. Will send you a message on Tues after the test. Take care and talk at you later. Grandpa and Henrie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 PM  

  • Hey Nathan,

    I'm so glad to hear that you got all that metal removed from your arm. Wouldn't want someone from the FAA to tackle you at the airport when you set off the alarms going through the scanner. :-) My internet connection at home has been out for the last week; Comcast is sending out a repairman this afternoon so hopefully I'll have it back soon. I had to wait until I got to work today to catch up on you progress on the blog. :-( You take care, exercise, and eat lots okay? You're in my prayers always!! Love, Deb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home