Fix Nathan

Monday, November 13, 2006

1 month since elbow surgery!

Today is one month since his elbow surgery! Where does the time go? On 11/20/06 he'll get the pins out of his arm.

Hard to believe that his pelvic surgery was a month ago on the 9th. Means that much closer to being weight bearing. That will be an exciting day.

Wish I could say he had a good night last night. He didn't sleep well even with the Lunesta. Hopefully tonight will be better for him. He seems to be pretty tired.

Today was a good day. He had PT/OT and did really well. He even put his own socks on with a sock device. It was pretty cool. Today they used a machine to stimulate the muscle in his left thigh and then he was to kick his leg out. That was pretty tough but he did it. Then they came back later and work on the right shin. They were pretty happy with the progress.

He might even get to take a shower tomorrow. Believe me, if that happens that will be the highlite of his month.

On Thursday 11/16/06 he goes back into Denver Health to have the test on his bladder to see if he can have the catheter removed. Everybody, say a prayer. I know that would help him a great deal. He also has a stitch in his belly that they're going to look at. It's an internal stitch that is working it's way up. It might not be a big deal but they don't want to pull it here at the facility in case it unravels something.... I think they're finally figuring it out. What do you think?

Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday! Happy Birthday Dad! Wish we were with you to help you celebrate. We love you very much. Hoping to see you soon.

Love and hugs to all. The Mellon's

3 Comments:

  • Hi Bev & Nathan
    WOW, everyday is brighter, huh?
    Great news on PT/OT! Keep up the good work Nathan! Where does time go, I'm not sure but it seems to be working! Prayers are still being said and our thoughts are still there with you both! It was good to hear you were able to hangout with your nephew Bev, a little different pace huh? I pray and hope things keep going in the right direction. Remember we are here for you both! Take Care and have a productive day! God Bless The Mellon Family! Jamie Marquez

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 AM  

  • Hey Bev & Nathan,
    my prayers are with you and hope everything will go well. im sure they will. hang in there Nathan, your doing great. sounds like everything gets better everyday. God Bless The Mellon Family!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 AM  

  • Hi Bev and Nathan,
    As you well know my immune system has been down and I got really sick. I will hopefully be ok to see you before I leave on Thursday. I love you both and I am praying for you both.
    Love,
    Caitlin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home