Fix Nathan

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pain is gone

They did the scan of Nathan's abdomen and could tell there had been a lot going on with the accident and all but couldn't find anything to explain the pain. They kept him pretty medicated and he was able to sleep through the worst of it finally. They thought that maybe he had a blockage that passed. We got back to Monaco about 10:00 and we both took a good long nap.

They brought lunch but it left much to be desired. Right about that time, Ms. Katy called to find out how things were as she was with him originally last night when this all started. She was at work today which just happens to be not to far away. She works at a meat market (Sir Loin, if you live in Denver you MUST try it) that does sandwiches and soups and all kinds of yummy stuff. So I got Nathan an Italian Roast Beef (one of his favorites) and Katy fixed me a wonderful spicy chicken w/blue cheese sauce sandwich. They were great! They also had eggnog. So, I did my little eggnog dance (which is what I do when it first comes out in the stores for the season) scooped up a bottle as that is usually one thing I can get Nathan to drink if I can't get him to drink or eat anything else. I also got him some of Katy's homemade chicken soup. That way when he doesn't like what they serve for dinner tonight I can heat some of that up for him. It looks yummy. When I tried to pay, her wonderful boss Jason wouldn't let me pay. Another amazing example of someone doing something so incredibly kind for a perfect stranger. Okay, so I'm not perfect but you know what I mean.... %-} and I guess I am a little strange. Jason, if by chance you read this, your kindness touched my heart. Thank you.

Well, Michelle the Director of Nurses was just in to visit and talk about what's been happening. What a neat person. When I told her I was considering moving Nathan, she told us oh you can't move. Then she proceeded to tell us why. She said when she first heard about Nathan coming here she thought oh, he can't come here, it isn't age appropriate and he won't be comfortable here. But then she learned he'd been injured in a motorcycle accident and she rides the most powerful bike on the road. It is a Suzuki Hayabusa. She said it is a rocket. She really wants Nathan here and is excited to be part of his recovery. She is going to provide both Nathan and myself with her phone numbers and should we ever have anything remotely close to what has happened, we are to call her and she will have it taken care of. As we explained to her, we couldn't be happier with the other shifts but that graveyard shift really sucks. So we've decided to stay at least for now. She'll take care of the guy nurse problem.

So we'll see how tonight goes. Hopefully, it will be one of the better ones.

Thanks for all the love and prayers. Love to all, The Mellon's

2 Comments:

  • Thank God somebody has finally stepped up to take charge of the situation. I know you have guardian angels watching over you. It sounds like things are looking up at the "skilled" facility. Hopefully the graveyard shift tonight will show much improvement. Hang in there. My prayers are with both of you.

    ~Sarah~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 AM  

  • Im so glad to hear about the eggnog dance Bev...I'll have to see this phenomenon ;)
    I will be in again soon! Wednesday is my last night in Boulder-VERY excited for that and more time to spend there with him :) keep your chin up and give him a hug for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home