Fix Nathan

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wednesday 11/1/06

The good news is that Nathan's heart rate is down to about 105. The bad news is that after 29 hours in the emergency room board, I mean bed, they finally moved him to observation which has a decent bed. Rob (the keeper of the room) even brought me breakfast. Which was cold, scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, orange juice, milk and hot coffee. Tasted fabulous since I realized I hadn't eaten since the evening of the 30th.(I may just lose a few pounds yet %-} )

The staff as usual has been great except for the fact that for 4 hours they kept telling us they were getting him a bed. By 7:30 this morning, I'd had it. Inexcusable! I know they're busy but give me a break. Don't tell me you're going to have a bed for us when you aren't. Then you are expecting it soon.Someone with Nathan's injuries stuck on that bed. They were thinking that his heart rate may be due to pain. Gee, I wonder why he might be in pain.

They moved us to a trauma room so it would be quiet. It was amazing the people who came through the ER last night. Many of whom were handcuffed to the bed. Lots of mean drunks who aren't allowed to leave until they are sobered up. Very interesting but was glad to get away from the noise.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a bi_ _ _ but I really feel like one today. If, it weren't for the "Skilled" Care Facility, we probably wouldn't be here at all. Believe me, they are going to hear about it when we get back there.

Have considered moving him however, they had the lowest complaints against them. So moving scares the hell out of me.

Well, I'll close for now, until I get my attitude adjusted and can put my happy face back on. More to come later.

Thanks for letting me vent. Yesterday and at least this morning are just those few bad days we can expect to have. I must learn to deal with them better. %-}

My sister Pam is going home on the train today. As you might remember she dropped everything and has been dog and house sitting. Pam, I can't tell you how much that helped us. I thought of you and the dogs often but never worried about a thing. I knew the dogs were being spoiled rotten and the house would be standing. We love you very much and thanks again for EVERYTHING!!!! Safe travels!

Love to all, Bev

3 Comments:

  • Hi Bev
    Vent all you need to, let it out girl!! You are holding up so well with what you and Nathan have been thru, there are going to be days like the ones you have had but keep pressing on!! We are here for you! I am proud of you. You are awesome. My thoughts and prayers and still with you and Nathan. God Bless The Mellon Family. Jamie Marquez

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 PM  

  • Bev,
    This is why we're here so you have somewhere to vent. You need that outlet. I read the blog every day and sometimes I think how does she do it. The only way - one day at a time, sometimes one hour at time or even 15 minutes at a time if thats what it takes.

    Take a deep breath and just know that we're hear to listen to you vent whenever you need to. You and Nathan are in my prayers every day.

    Love to you both
    Jenelle Link Bostwick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM  

  • Dear Bev,

    Don't be hard on yourself! You are NOT being a bitch. You have some very legitimate beefs. Sometimes it's hard for us to be diplomatic when angry, but I'm sure you do just fine at that. Tell those "care" workers what they need to hear! Otherwise, they get to thinking they can get away with less than quality care. My heart goes out to you and Nathan, and I hope that things at that facility get better.

    Remember to take care of yourself too, Bev. I can't think of anything more stressful to deal with except death, and thank goodness Nathan is young, strong, smart, and alive!

    Love from your sister-in-law,
    Karen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home