Fix Nathan

Friday, October 27, 2006

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~




One of my dearest friends sent this to me this morning. It is so true. What wonderful words to live by. As my sister Carla, another of my dearests reminded me of a song I love by Garth Brooks called The Dance. I could have missed the pain but I would have missed the dance. As hard as it's been, it could have been so much harder. As bad as it is it could have been so much worse.

I know I drive Nathan crazy as I'm sure he considers me forever the optimist. Thank God for that. Beside all the love and support from all of you it is my optimism that has kept me strong.

Today we are moving to the Skilled Nursing Facility. Don't know for sure when exactly. But, sometime today.

I've gotten all of the cards and goodies from everyone packed up and ready to go. Unfortunately we had to send some of it home with Steve and Dad as there was no way I'd be able to handle all of it to get on a plane with. Thanks again for all your cards, letters and little gifts. They mean the world.

I'll update once we get moved.

Love and hugs to all, The Mellon's

3 Comments:

  • What is the address of the skilled nursing facility?

    Nick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • 895 S. Monaco Parkway
    Denver, CO 80224

    And he will have a local phone number there as well. So, when we get that, I'll get it out.

    By Blogger Nathan's Mom, at 12:33 PM  

  • I should have included the name of the facility...

    Monaco Parkway Health & Rehab.

    By Blogger Nathan's Mom, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home