Fix Nathan

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday 10/29/06

Yeah! We got bedrails!!! When I got here this morning and they weren't on, I started asking everyone who walked in the room, "where are the bedrails?" They all seemed to start passing the buck (similar to yesterday) telling me that a doctor had to order them. I explained (again) that they should have been ordered on Friday! Well, it wasn't much longer and the maintenance guy showed up and put them on. Mom is much happier now. That is one of Nathan's favorite things to ask me now, "happy now?" To which I reply, "much".

Tomorrow they will get him the trapize so that will help too!

The nurse wanted to know which surgeon did the skin graft as she was concerned about it. I couldn't remember his name so I called the hospital, needless to say, that department is closed until tomorrow. There was another little push of the frustration button. Nathan said that the nurse cleaned the wound and said it was looking better than she thought so it was okay. We will follow up on that tomorrow for certain.

As many of you may have seen, Mary Swift of the King County Journal wrote an article about Nathan and the accident that was in today's paper. If you're interested, check it out at: (You'll have to cut and paste into the address line....)

http://www.kingcountyjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006610290313

Tara is more than a shirttail niece as indicated in the paper. She is my niece, it's just that I didn't know her well prior to now. She and Kyle are true blessings in our lives right now. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Also if you are interested the address to where Nathan currently staying is:

Monaco Parkway Health & Rehab.
895 S. Monaco Parkway Rm#107
Denver, CO 80224

Thanks for all the cards, email, financial support, love and prayers. Love to all, The Mellon's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home