Fix Nathan

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday 10/28/06

Well, I wish I could say I was as impressed with the place in the daytime as I am at night. Maybe it was because it was the weekend but by the time I left this evening, I was so darn frustrated I wanted to rake someone over the coals. That may come tomorrow. Last night they told us they would get him some bedrails and the trapize bar as that is really the only way he can move himself around. At 2:00 today they still didn't have any of those in place so I started asking. They kept telling me they'd look into it but never bothered to come back and let me know anything. I stood at the nurses station until I got what I thought was an answer but, no that didn't happen. Then a nurse brought his medicine and I asked her, she told me it probably wouldn't happen until tomorrow as that was something that maintenance handles and they'd left for the day. I said that wasn't right. She asked when we'd made the request and I explained yesterday. I explained to her that he is unable to move himself around without it and that I wanted it taken care of. Well, I had to take off and I fairly certain that it isn't happening tonight. I told Nathan things better start changing or we're moving. Therapy didn't visit him today but are scheduled to be in tomorrow.

Had a great dinner with Tara, Kyle and Ethan. We tried the local Pho' restaurant. It was fun to have them try something that I enjoy so much. They both said they enjoyed it and would have it again.

Thank you for your continued love and support. You help make frustrating days like this bearable. Love to all. Bev

1 Comments:

  • Hi , you don't know me but I read an artical in the King County Journal anout Nathan. Tell him to never give up, the road to recovery is tough, believe me...I spent 3 month @ harborview with my husband who was in a trauma accident 2 and half years ago. Nathan fared better in his accident than my husband did(lost both legs above the knee) .But Boy do I know the frustrations of hospital life. Good luck to you and nathan oh and as a avid motorcyclist I'm glad to hear he had a good helmet... that's why there out there :)
    take care!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home