Fix Nathan

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back in ER this morning

Well, I received a call this morning about 6:30 that Nathan had been taken to Denver Health ER as the Dr. at the Skilled (I'm beginning to use that term loosely) Nursing Facility removed the Foley, because of a urinary tract infection and was unable to reinsert it, so because of his bladder injury they brought him back to Denver Health ER at 2:30 this morning. He didn't call me sooner as he thought he would only be here a short while. And though this call was nothing compared to the first call from them on 10/2/06, it was still a huge attention getter. They are going to do a scan to see if maybe they can leave it out as he has been able to relieve himself without it. So, I'm hoping and praying that we get good news for that. I know he'd be much more comfortable without it.

Since we are here, I asked them to look at the skin graft as we were getting a few mixed signals at the "facility". Concern.... No concern.... Hard to keep up with them. They were suppose to clean and redress the graft wound yesterday. When I saw it today, nothing had been done. So, when I get back someone is going to get a "dressing down". I chose them for their wound care and this doesn't indicate much care. The Dr. who looked at it said that it may not be due to anything they did or didn't do. However, when the Dr. told them to redress it last night it should have been done.

Sorry to start your day like this. I much more enjoy giving out good/positive news. Unfortunately, I'm sure this won't be the last day like this. Good days and bad. Maybe the day will end on a positive note. Seems like it's been the opposite. Time for a change.

It's pretty bad when you're glad to be back at the hospital.... %-}

Wishing you all a perfect day. Love to all, Bev

1 Comments:

  • I don't know you, but your story has put me in tears today and my heart goes out to your family! I just lost a friend to a motorcycling accident and it's hard to find closure for that. I am so happy your son survived! Happy Halloween and give him a hug and a kiss from me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home