Fix Nathan

Thursday, November 02, 2006

We're back at Monaco

Sorry I didn't get back to you all yesterday. After all was said and done, I really needed a nap!

We got back to the facility about 3:00 and the fight was on. Nathan got here before I did. So went I walked into the room and found all the stuff they tried to use on him the night that he ended up in the hospital and the room was a mess AND still no trapize. As it turned out they'd canceled the order for the trapize as they didn't know when he'd be returning so it would be here tomorrow. That was when I said that it's been tomorrow since we got here! So they reordered it. I had my tantrum and told them how it was inexcusable that the catheter was removed since they were obviously unaware of his injuries and why did they think he had a catheter in the first place? Nathan told us of the whole agonizing experience and I just cried. He said that a male nurse came in about midnight on the 30th, or would that be the 31st? He had an assistant and he said they were going to remove the cathe. She told him she didn't think that was a good idea and that maybe they should wait. He didn't want to wait and made her remove it. So, it was removed. Because of the type of injury he has it wasn't possible for them to insert the tube as the internal tubes hadn't healed and didn't match up. Nathan said the guy kept yelling at him that it was his fault because he wouldn't relax. Nathan said it was worse than any pain he's experiences so far. That just tore my heart out. I was mad before but then I was really mad. Absolutely inexcusable! I yelled and they are doing what they can to make it right. He won't ever have that nurse again or so they promised. Well, after my fit, we laid down for a nap. That seemed to help my attitude.

They also brought in the bed with the trapize. I'm really hoping that will help Nathan move around more.

I got in this morning and they had him moved over to the chair and he seems to be doing a little better.

The doctor was in just now and we had a good conversation. Discussed why the cathe was removed and he said he would have removed it too because of the infection. I explained what the injuries were and he said that was never explained to them by the hospital. He was sorry that it happened. I asked him not to do anything like that without first contacting me. He told me it would be Denver Health that he would be talking too. I've asked Nathan to call me at anytime should there be a question about anything.

So I feel like we are back on track. Like I've said two steps forward three steps back. Thankfully not quite that far back.

Thanks for all your encouragement to get through this rough spot.

We love you all. The Mellon's

3 Comments:

  • hi guys,
    am at the library to catah up on everything.
    maby i will get lucky and get the computer at home up and running. sure hope so this is the pits. hope all goes better.
    love and miss you guys. can't wait till you are home. dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  

  • Wow - after reading what happened to Nathan today I just want to say God bless both of you; and may he be with you during all these difficult times you'll have on this long journey. I love you both! Deb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 PM  

  • I can really feel for you both, sometimes you have to let them know that they are there for you, They should ask question and not take it for granted that they can do things with out asking, as you know what was done at the hospital. I really can feel for you there wish there was something we could do here to help. But with time you will be home and Nathan will be up and running. Keep up the good work and we will see you home soon. Grandpa is doing fine, love to both of you and keep on plugging along. Dad,Grandpa and Henrie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home