Fix Nathan

Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday 10/10/06 Good Progress

Today Nathan had some great PT/OT. Not to hear Nathan tell it though.... %-}

They moved him to the other bed in the room and had him doing all sorts of different exercises. He's increasing his range of motion all over the place. His low back has been giving him fits and they think all the stretching will help that out. He was able to sit up 90 degrees on the edge of the bed which is a really great thing. He was able to lean back and then forward without help a couple times. He can twist and lean both left and right. He's working on moving his feet and lifting his legs. I know that you are probably thinking, "yeah, so?" But this is big stuff for him. I couldn't be prouder. It hurts but he keeps on going. Wow!

I only wish he was able to sleep at night. He's really having trouble getting to sleep so it makes for some pretty short nights.

He is able to skip pain meds on occasion which is really awesome!

Tomorrow I get to babysit for my niece and her husband. They have the most adorable 3 year old little boy named Ethan. I'm excited to spend time with him. I may have to take him home with me... Just kidding, I think I'll be pretty busy when I do get home. But I do love 3 year olds...

So for all you Denverites, Nathan will be free of Mom on Saturday afternoon and evening if you're available to stop in for a visit.

Thanks so much to all for all your love and support. We really couldn't do this without you all. We love you! The Mellon's

1 Comments:

  • Hi bud
    way to go, it sounds like you are making great strides with your
    pt/ot. At this rate you will be home real soon. I sure didn't mean
    to cast any doubt about your time table. When we talked, I thought
    there were only two weeks left until the 1st. Maby I should learn to count. Whatever or whenever, I
    hope you know i'm right there in your corner and will do anything in my power to help. You have my love and support, and i'm very proud of you. Keep up the good
    work, and get home--- the dogs are getting spoiled and need a strong
    hand--- to lick!
    gotta go, just wanted you to know
    I love you se ya soon dad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home