Fix Nathan

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

11/7/06 Quiet day today!

Well, I'm happy to report that today was a relatively quiet day! No trips to the ER. No fights with the night nurses. Gross food but hey, you can't have everything...

I went grocery shopping for him today and got some fruit cups & pudding cups that don't require refrigeration. Picked up a potpie and some spaghetti dinners that I think he'll like. Hopefully they won't disappear from the freezer. Also picked up some yogurt. It's really hard finding something that actually sounds good to him to eat. Unfortunately, it almost all sounds good to me...

I went over to the craft store and got him a paint by numbers of a wolf. Thought that might help take his mind of being so bored.

Speaking of bored, he is about to go out of his mind. Really getting tired of laying in bed. Which is certainly understandable after all this time. He doesn't really want to be entertained but wants to do something. Hard to figure out what exactly. But, I'll take that as a good sign. Might make him work a little harder toward coming home. I know he's anxious for that.

Thanks so much for all you love and support. It is greatly appreciated. Love to all, The Mellon's

1 Comments:

  • Hi Bev and Nathan

    I just recd your card and you made me cry, but happy tears! I am here for you ANYTIME! I cant imagine going thru what you are going thru without a support team. We are to you what the drs are to Nathan and I am glad to be your friend! You are my inspiration!! I am proud of Nathan he is my inspiration as well! I am sorry what you had to go thru in the begin at Monaco but since you talked to the head nurse I pray things have gotten better and stay there! My mom is a nurse at facilities like that and she tells me the stories so I really worried when you had to go look for a place for Nathan to stay and get continual care. I wanted to throw some card game ideas your way. Theres UNO, Phase Ten, Skip Bo just to name a few. Keep your chin up and Nathan keep reaching for the stars and keep shining. My thoughts and prayers are still with you! God Bless The Mellon Family!!!! Jamie Marquez

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home