Fix Nathan

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tuesday 10/10/06

Nathan's surgery was very good last night. He is in a great deal of pain today and really uncomfortable. They have moved him out of SICU to a regular room. He's now in room #432. He had wonderful care in SICU but I'm sure he'll be glad to not be poked and prodded quite as much.

He is tentatively scheduled for elbow surgery sometime tomorrow. We don't have a time as basically they will fit him in if they have time. So, it looks like it may be another frustrating day. I promise to do my best to keep my cool and not stress Nathan out like I did yesterday.

Today we spent most of the day at the dorm getting stuff packed up. Let me tell you, he has more stuff in that room than all the rest of the kids on the floor. No seriously, he really has a lot of stuff. All the comforts of home....

Steve has been working all week trying to get the bike released so we can figure out what to do with it. It has been a frustrating process but the detective we've been working with has been terrific.

A group of guys from school called The Rough Riders have offered to help with the repairs. They do charity rides and are planning one for Nathan and another rider who was injured the same night with similar injures. This is just one more instance of someone doing something so very special for us. Which has truly been the case at every turn.

I have to give special thanks to my family and friends who have generously donated funds and hotel points to help ease the costs we are experiencing being away from home. Thanks so very much!!!

And a big thank you to my co-workers who are having to pick up the slack and figure out what I've left behind that needs to be dealt with. Fortunately, I only had nice people with claims.... ;-}

My sister Pam is holding down the fort and keeping my other babies very spoiled. They won't be missing me anytime too soon. Keep up the good work Pam. We love you!

Nathan's buddy Derrick is heading back to Texas tomorrow. It's been great having him around. He's been able to pick up when Nick had to return home. What a couple of great guys. I think I'll keep them both. So gentlemen, consider yourselves adopted into the Mellon Family!

I need to mention the girls. Thank you ladies for all your love,support and offers of help. You are all very special and Nathan is very lucky to have you in his life. Steve, Grandpa and I have enjoyed having you around and we appreciate all you have done and all your generous offers to help. Consider yourselves adopted as well.

Now I'm just babbling. Time to head for bed.

Keep those prayers coming. I'm certain that is why things are going they way they're going. Praise Jesus!

Love to you all, Steve, Bev & Nathan.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Nathan,
    I finally figured out how to get onto this blog. I know you feel pretty bad now but it will get better. Back in 1973 when I had major surgery and spent a month in the hospital, had to go back for more, it was not fun. Your a tough kid and you will get through this. It's just a blip in life. I'm thinking of you every day and hope to see you home soon.
    Love,
    Skip

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 AM  

  • Dear Nathan, Bev, Steve & Carl~

    Happy thoughts to all of you from Idaho - keeping you in our prayers. May each of you be blessed with the fortitude needed each day :) you will get through this!

    Your room is ready when you come through - we'll leave the light on :)

    Love, the Clontz's

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 AM  

  • Bev, Steve, Grandpa, and Nathan,
    I want to say that there is no thanks nessasary. I have enjoyed getting to know my new family and all the wonderfully loving acts you all do. I am so glad to help in anyway and I love you all being here. You are all in my prayers (yes Nathan I pray and go to church!! hehehehe) and I know that God is watching over you all.
    All my love and prayers.
    Caitlin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home