Fix Nathan

Friday, April 06, 2007

4/2/07 What a DAY!!!

This past weekend (for those of you that don't know) I had a birthday. My sister Carla conspired with my son to come home and surprise me for my birthday. What a wonderful surprise. Steve had taken me over to a local winery in Burien. Yes, there is a wonderful winery in Burien called E.B. Foote. http://www.ebfootewinery.com/ We highly recommend that you check it out! Anyway, we are at the winery have a taste and some good conversation when some tall man grabbed me from behind and gave me a great big hug. I couldn'ts believe it when I turned around and saw Nathan standing there looking more like his old self. It was truly amazing.

We met a really neat couple named Joseph and Devota who's son had also been in a terrible motorcycle accident 2 years ago. He is doing very well. It was interesting to share stories and to talk to someone who had been through it all. I gave her a hug when I left and told her what lucky Mom's we are and she couldn't have agreed more. I hope we run into them again sometime soon.

The other really cool thing is my sister Pam surprised me and came up from Oregon. She brought her grandson Nick with her. He is a kick. He's plays the guitar so beautifully. It was so wonderful to have her here. I don't think I've seen her since before the accident. She was such a lifesaver, taking care of the dogs and the house.

While Nathan was home he found out that one of his classmates from Kentridge H.S., Mario Blandi was killed in a motorcycle accident on March 25, 2007 on I-90 in Seattle. http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/309146_collision27ww.html There are rumors that he was going over 150 MPH and he rearended a small SUV. My heart is with his family. I am aching for them. Let's all say a prayer for them.

BUT, the absolute coolest thing of all (even though I was in tears, which I usually am when he leaves) was when we took Nathan to the airport on Monday, April 2, 2007 and watched him pick up his laptop back and sling it over his shoulder and then pick up two big duffle bags and walk into the airport with out any assistance at all. To think that only 6 months ago we didn't even know if he'd live. What a miracle. God is great!

I told Nathan that was the best birthday present I could have ever gotten. Once again, I'm one lucky Mom!!!

We love you all and thank you for your continued love and support.

You have all paid it forward.

Have a very Happy Easter, The Mellon's

1 Comments:

  • Happy Belated Birthday!

    Thought I'd check the website and you had written.

    God Bless Nathan! What an awesome kid, to surprise his mom like that, I love stories like that!! Hope all is well with you and Steve. Take Care and Keep in touch. Jamie Marquez

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home